In , the twenty-three-year-old Franklin and a partner, Hugh Meredith ca. The emphasis was on news, not literary or political essays, and most of that news was copied from European papers.
But Franklin had a knack for selecting, editing, and rewriting. This issue of the Pennsylvania Gazette is typical in some ways, atypical in others.
As usual, the paper is filled with European news of war and diplomacy. They learn to do a Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.
- Post navigation.
- stryker osteosynthesis geneva.
- Benjamin Franklin "The Father of all the Yankees" - Archiving Early America;
- Ben Franklin: Ahead of His Time? | HuffPost;
Read the full letter. This practice is not in the least painful, but, on the contrary, agreeable. Franklin and his friends designed their own experiments, which they performed before small audiences at Franklin's house in Philadelphia.
According to the December missive, apparently written to his brother John, Franklin had an audience for the ill-fated turkey experiment [read excerpt: "The Company present. Nonetheless, he also felt some chagrin over the accident.
- Online Library of Liberty;
- compare contrast character essay outline!
- biological research paper outline.
- book educational entertaining essay kink sensual sex side wild.
- Section 4: Benjamin Franklin Book Publisher.
- You have been blocked.
- racism philosophy essay?
- veterinary assistant/receptionist cover letter!
- revision for the compare and contrast essay.
At the time that he wrote this letter, in , Franklin had retired from his professional work as a printer but remained active in both social and educational pursuits. He penned and published essays and newspaper articles, and he helped establish both the school that would become the University of Pennsylvania and a hospital in Philadelphia.
Despite his impressive literary and political achievements, Franklin may have been best known by his contemporaries for his scientific discoveries; his book Experiments and Observations on Electricity , published in , enjoyed a wide readership.